In Lightspeed Retail, you can delete customer data to comply with GDPR customer requests. As this is an irreversible action, you'll need the following employee permissions to enable this feature:
- Customers - Basic
- Customers - Customer Deletion
Before deleting a customer's data, we recommend that you:
- Do your due diligence to confirm the identity of your customer before completing their GDPR requests.
- Identify any potential reason why, as a Retail account owner, you might need to keep some of the personal data that your customer is requesting to delete (e.g. for tax, regulatory or payment processing (chargeback) reasons).
To delete a customer's data:
- From the main menu, click Customers > Customers.
- Optionally, use the available fields and filters and click Search to refine your results.
- Click the First Name or Last Name of the customer you want to delete.
- Click Archive.
- Click OK to confirm the archiving.
- Click Delete Customer.
- Once you've read and understood the warning, check the checkbox to confirm the action.
- Click Delete this Account.
- Click Return to Customers.
The customer account is now officially deleted from your customer list and anonymized in your entire Retail account.
NOTE: If you're an Omnichannel merchant, you'll also need to delete your customer's data from your eCom store to complete their GDPR request. For instructions, please see Managing GDPR requests in the eCom Help Center. Similarly, if you've integrated your Retail account with one of our partners, you'll need to contact them directly to learn what personal data they have and how to complete your customer's GDPR request on their end.