The Epson TM-m30 receipt printer (LAN model) connects directly to your internet router with an ethernet cable and provides wireless receipt printing from your iPad.
Setting up your Epson TM-m30 involves:
- Connecting your printer
- Inserting your paper roll
- Connecting your printer and iPad to your network
- Assigning your printer to the Retail POS app
- Printing a test receipt
NOTE: Printing receipts on your Epson TM-m30 is only supported on the Retail POS app.
Before you begin, you'll need:
- your printer
- its AC adapter
- its AC cable
- an ethernet cable
- a roll of thermal paper
- an RJ11-45 cable (optional for your cash drawer to open automatically)
- Connect the AC adapter to the AC cable.
- Connect the AC cable to an electrical outlet and the AC adapter into the 24v power port at the bottom of your printer.
- Optionally, connect the larger end of the RJ11-45 cable to the back of your cash drawer and the smaller end to the cash drawer port at the bottom of your printer.
- On top of the printer, press the power button and wait for the blue power lightto become solid.
- To open the printer's cover, push the latch on the right away from you and lift the lid upwards.
- Insert the paper roll in the orientation below.
- Pull the paper out past the cutter at the front of the printer.
- Push the lid down to snap the latch shut.
For your Retail POS app to be able to print receipts wirelessly, your printer needs to be directly connected to your internet router with an ethernet cable. For your Retail POS to then communicate with your printer, your iPad needs to be connected to the same network in its Wi-Fi settings.
- Connect one end of the ethernet cable to the ethernet port at the bottom of your printer.
- Connect the other end of the ethernet cable to an ethernet port on your internet router.
- Wait until your printer's IP Address prints automatically. This usually takes a few seconds.
- From you iPad, tap Settings.
- From the left menu, tap Wi-Fi.
- On the right, select your Wi-Fi network's name.
- Enter your Wi-Fi network's password and tap Join.
- Wait until your iPad is connected to your Wi-Fi network.
- Open your Retail POS app.
- From the main menu, tap the receipt printer icon.
- On the Printer settings screen, tap your printer from the list to assign it to your device.
- Optionally, select Automatically Print Receipt if you want a receipt to print automatically when you tap the Finish Sale button. Otherwise, you'll have to manually tap Print Receipt after finishing a sale.
- From the main menu, ensure the receipt printer status icon is green.
- From the main menu, tap Sales History.
- From the list, tap a completed sale.
- Tap Receipt Options > Print Receipt.