Sometimes, when you connect a Zebra ZD410 label printer to a USB port on a Windows computer, it won't install automatically under Control Panel > Devices and Printers. Instead, it'll appear as an unspecified device.
If this happens, you need to install your Zebra ZD410 manually. To do so:
- Select the Start menu > Devices Manger.
Note: If you are using a Windows 8 or 10 version, right-click the Start menu instead of doing a left-click.
- In the Device Manager window, select the Other devices drop-down.
Note: If you don't see an Other devices drop-down, you need to install the Zebra ZD410 Windows driver manually.
Right-click your Zebra ZD410 > select Update Driver Software.
- In the Update Driver Software window, select Search automatically for updated driver software.
- Once the search is finished, confirm that Windows has successfully updated your Zebra ZD410's driver software. You should see this message below:
- In the Devices and Printers window, confirm that your Zebra ZD410 is now listed under Printers instead of Unspecified.
Your Zebra ZD410 should now be successfully installed on your computer.
- If you're printing on jewelry labels, go to section 5. Formatting your computer settings (Windows only) to finish setting up your printer.
- If you're printing on normal, small, or alternative labels, go to Changing your Zebra ZD410 printer driver on Windows before continuing to section 5. Formatting your computer settings (Windows only).