This section explains how to set up a receipt printer for use with Lightspeed Retail POS.
If necessary, you can add a receipt printer manually if your network configuration does not allow for automatic detection. If you've already manually added a receipt printer and want to remove it, see To delete a manually added receipt printer.
Setup includes the following:
- Connect the receipt printer to your router using the supplied Ethernet cable.
- Connect the supplied power cord from the receipt printer to a wall outlet.
- If you have a cash drawer, connect it to the receipt printer using the supplied cable. The cable has two different connectors. Ensure that the narrower connector on the cable is connected to the printer and the wider connector (Ethernet) is connected to the cash drawer.
- Power on the receipt printer.
- Make sure that your iPad’s Wi-Fi option is enabled, and that it is connected to the same network as your receipt printer.
- In Lightspeed Retail POS, tap the Receipt Printer icon from the Main Menu.
On the Printer settings screen, assign a receipt printer to your device:
- Automatic detection: If your receipt printer is automatically detected, tap the printer from the list to assign it to your device.
Manual method: If your receipt printer is not automatically detected, tap Manually Add Printer, enter a descriptive Name, enter your receipt printer's IP address, and then tap Save.
Note: Click here for information on how to delete a manually added receipt printer.
Select Automatically Print Receipt if you want to print a receipt for a sale when you tap the Finish Sale button. Otherwise you must manually tap Print Receipt after a sale to print the receipt.
- Ensure the receipt printer status icon in the main menu is green (see Hardware Status).
You can delete a receipt printer that was manually added and assigned to your device.
In Lightspeed Retail POS, tap the Receipt Printer icon from the main menu.
On the Printer settings screen, swipe left the printer that you want to delete, and then tap Delete.