⚠️ Original - These instructions only apply to the original Lightspeed gift card version.
You can sell and recharge gift cards when making a sale.
- When using the original gift card version, the recharge amount is added to the card’s existing value, even when the value is greater than zero.
- When using the new gift card version, the original balance must be zero in order to recharge the gift card.
- From the main menu, click Sales > New Sale.
- At the top of the screen click Gift Card.
- Scan the gift card barcode or enter the barcode number. You can either scan a new gift card to sell, or a previously sold gift card to recharge.
- Enter the value in the Amount field then click Create Gift Card. If you're recharging a gift card, the amount is added to the card’s existing value.
- If required, add other items to the sale.
- Take payment for the sale.