With Customer Facing Display you can use any tablet or computer monitor to display sale information to your customers while you're processing a sale. Customers see the items being scanned, the total price of their purchase, discounts and taxes in real-time. If your Customer Facing Display is on a touchscreen your customer can also choose to receive their receipt by email.
- Customer Facing Display converts the Lightspeed Retail interface into a sales display for your customers. Customer Facing Display cannot be used to process sales. To process sales you must open a separate instance of Lightspeed Retail in a browser or iPad.
- You can access Customer Facing Display through the Lightspeed Retail Web Interface on a computer or tablet, or on Lightspeed Retail Manager on an iPad. Customer Facing Display shows sale information for sales processed in the Lightspeed Retail Web Interface, Lightspeed Retail POS app and Lightspeed Retail Manager app.
- To display the sales information, you must set Customer Facing Display to the same register as the Lightspeed Retail software in which sales are processed. Each Customer Facing Display can be set to a different register in your Lightspeed Retail system.
Customer Facing Display shows
- customer name (if a customer is attached to the sale).
- list of items being purchased and prices
- price reductions, surcharges, and taxes
- total amount for transaction and change amount
- custom background image
- email receipt customers can use to send themselves the receipt by email. Available on touchscreens only.
Devices you can use
See Setting up Customer Facing Display for how to use your tablet or computer monitor for Customer Facing Display.
Tablet: Any tablet (iOS, Android, Windows) with Internet access. For example, you can use a tablet as your Customer Facing Display, and process sales from your Lightspeed Retail POS iPad app or computer.
Monitor: Any monitor connected to a computer with Internet access. For example, you can use a monitor as your Customer Facing Display, and process sales from your Lightspeed Retail POS iPad app or computer. If you’re using the same computer to process sales in Lightspeed Retail, or perform any other action, a second monitor is required.
NOTE: For customers to be able to email receipts on Customer Facing Display you require a touchscreen monitor.