At the end of each business day, you should close the register and determine if you have any discrepancies in your till.
- To close the till, from the main menu click Sales > Close Register. To select another open register, from the main menu click Sales > Switch Registers and select the register.
- You are prompted to indicate how much cash you have in your till. Enter the quantity of each denomination you have in the cash fields. If you have any funds that do not fall within the available denominations, add the dollar value to the Extra field. If you prefer not to use the denomination fields, you can use the Extra field to enter the entire cash value of the till.
- Enter the total dollar values for any of the other payment types you accept.
- Click Submit Counts.
- What's been counted and what should be in the register is displayed. Verify your count amounts and if everything looks correct click Save Counts.
NOTE: If there's an error click Redo Counts to return to the count screen where you can make changes.
Making payment adjustments
If you have access rights, you can switch payment types and edit the closing counts even after they're submitted at the end of day. This is helpful for adjusting incorrect entries made during the day, for example if a user accidentally selects the wrong payment type for a payment received.
To switch payment types
- From the main menu, click Settings > Adjust Payments. The payments you've received for the current day are displayed.
- Set the search parameters for the payment you want to adjust.
- When you have found the correct payment, use the drop-down to select the payment type it should be recorded as.
To edit closing counts
- From the main menu, click Reports > Closing Counts. The closing counts for the current day are displayed.
- Set the search parameters to show the counts for the day you would like to adjust.
- When you have found the correct closing count, enter the correct amount in the Counted column.