This article provides step-by-step instructions on connecting your Star mPOP combined Bluetooth receipt printer and cash drawer for the Retail POS app on iOS.
Updating to iOS 14+ on your iPad will prompt you to grant the Retail POS app permissions to access Bluetooth and Local Network settings on your iPad. We recommend granting permission to continue a smooth setup for your printer.
What you'll need
- Star mPOP
- Power cable
- Receipt roll
If you opted for the mPOP model with a scanner, the scanner will only work in iOS mode and on the Retail POS sell screen. You cannot use this scanner to manually add barcode numbers in other parts of the Retail POS app. We recommend connecting a supported scanner to your mPOP.
Connecting the device
To begin, plug in your power cable in the power socket port located at the bottom of your device and to an electrical outlet. Turn the mPOP on using the power switch on the front left-hand side of the device.
Once you've turned your mPOP on, you'll need to connect it to your iPad in Bluetooth settings:
- Tap the Settings app on your iPad.
- Tap the Bluetooth option in the left-hand sidebar.
- Ensure Bluetooth is turned on.
- Under the Bluetooth Devices, tap Star mPOP.
A tick icon should appear next to the device confirming that it is successfully connected.
Setting up software
Now that you connected your mPOP to your iPad, you're ready to add it to the Retail POS app by following these steps:
- On your iPad, open the Retail POS app.
- From the Profile screen under Devices, tap Receipt printer.
- Tap Add printer.
- Under Printer on your network, tap Star mPOP receipt printer. It could take a few seconds for the device to appear.
- Tap Done. Your receipt printer will display as online on the Profile screen under Devices.
Printing a receipt
- Make sure your printer has its receipt roll installed by pressing the front-left of the mPOP and pull the receipt loader out.
- On the Sales screen, tap a completed sale.
- On the Details panel, tap Print receipt > Print receipt.
You should now be able to print receipts from your iPad with your Star mPOP device!
Managing registers on your iPad
Learn more on how to manage your registers on your iPad.Managing registers