Step 1: Choose your file type
Lightspeed supports catalog files submitted in:
- Column headers in your csv need to be named exactly as in our example files.
- If you are using commas in your csv for the product names, brands, descriptions or long descriptions, wrap the data in quotations. “This, is an example.”
Step 2: Create your product file(s)
- Review the Lightspeed product data definition.
Create your file(s) and match your data to Lightspeed's Templates.
- Retailers are more likely to choose a vendor who has detailed product information. Try to submit as much optional product information as possible.
- Submit your product data in a format suitable for re-use on a web store.
- Avoid ALL CAPS in names, brands, descriptions, and long descriptions
- Write clear product names that are human readable. -- Good: "Men's Diverge E5 Sport" -- Bad: "M-Diverge E5SP"
- Submit high quality product images
- Submit your files with all the required fields complete.
Step 3: Set up SFTP connection
📘 Lightspeed will access your server every 24 hours (midnight EDT) and pull all files present in the directory.
- Use a directory where you only store the product files for Lightspeed. No other files should be located here.
- You can have multiple product files in this directory, Lightspeed will pull all of them.
Step 4: Fix any file errors
File uploading behavior
The following describes Lightspeed's upload behavior:
- It considers your product files as the source of truth for product data
- It creates a new product when it recognizes a new vendorSku
- It replaces the information in a product when it recognizes an existing vendorSku
- If two or more products have the same vendorSku, the last product will be uploaded
- It only creates and replaces products listed in your file
- All products are validated based on the product data specification before they are uploaded
- Any products that fail validation will not be uploaded
Lightspeed will email you a csv file should any of your products fail validation. Open this file and review the error messages listed, then check the product data definition to see what information is expected.
The validation error file will include:
- File name
- List of
- List of product
- List of errors per
📘 Error Types
Navigate to the Error Types Section to view all possible errors and their impact to your uploads.