Hello and welcome!
The goal of this guide is to provide you with the skills and knowledge needed to get your Lightspeed Retail system ready to accept transactions from your customers.
If you are an omnichannel merchant—your Retail account is integrated with your eCom store—completing this guide will also give you the fundamental Retail knowledge and prerequisites to build upon in our Retail with eCom - Guided Setup.
NOTE: This material is designed to complement a Lightspeed Retail onboarding session. If you are viewing this content and have not yet had an onboarding session for Lightspeed Retail, please contact our Customer Success team to register:
- North America: Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (866) 932 -1801 Ext. 8000
- Netherlands: Email email@example.com or call +31 20 820 23 91 Ext 6800
- Belgium: Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call +32 9 298 02 73 Ext 6800
- United Kingdom: Email email@example.com or call +44 20 3695 9599 Ext 6800
Our agents speak English, French and Dutch! If your country isn't listed, contact the Customer Success team most similar in language and timezone. Not sure which number to call? Don't worry — our North American team is available 24/7 in English!
What does the guide involve?
The guide consists of 5 lessons that are arranged in a recommended order:
Lesson 1: Account Settings
- 1 a. Getting Started
- 1 b. Employees
- 1 c. Taxes
- 1 d. Discounts
Lesson 2: Inventory
- 2 a. Import Inventory
- 2 b. Importing catalog items
- 2 c. Adding items manually
- d. Categories
Lesson 3: Hardware
- 3 a. Supported Hardware
- 3 b. Barcode Reader
- 3 c. Receipt Printer and Cash Drawer
- 3 d. Label Printer
Lesson 4: Payment Processing
- 4 a. Integrated vs. Non-Integrated
- 4 b. Payment Types
- 4 c. Configuring your Payment Processing
Lesson 5: Sales
- 5 a. Opening the Register
- 5 b. Basic Sale
- 5 c. Refunds and Exchanges
- 5 d. Voids
- 5 e. Closing the Register
Within these lessons, the articles are designed to provide a curated collection of instructions that accommodate all our retailers: from the mom-and-pop shops to the multi-stores.
The articles open by providing basic content curated for our users with one shop and one register. To build upon this foundation, an Advanced section is included where you can explore more instructions to embellish your account.
Depending on if you are using Retail for desktops or iPads, workflows and available features also differ depending if you are in the POS mode or Retail Manager mode of the Retail POS app. For that reason, we've included iPad instructions where POS mode workflows are available. If iPad instructions are not included, follow along in the Retail Manager mode of your Retail POS app as it mirrors the desktop interface.
Let's get started!