The Star TSP143IIIU receipt printer connects directly to your iPad via a Lightning to USB cable and allows you to print receipts from your iPad.
Setting up your Star TSP143IIIU involves the following steps:
- Connecting your printer
- Inserting a paper roll
- Adding your receipt printer in Retail POS
- Printing a receipt
What you'll need
To set up your receipt printer, you need the following:
- Star TSP143IIIU receipt printer
- Power cable
- Lighting to USB cable
- Paper roll
To connect your receipt printer, you'll need its power cable and your iPad's Lighting to USB cable.
- Connect the Lightning to USB cable to your iPad and receipt printer.
- Connect the power cable to your receipt printer and an electrical outlet.
- Turn on your receipt printer.
2. Insert a paper roll
To insert the quarter paper roll that came with your receipt printer or a full paper roll that you purchased separately:
- To open the printer's cover, push the lever on the right-hand side of the printer away from you and lift the cover upwards.
- Insert the paper roll in the following orientation. While doing so, make sure the paper roll stays taut and doesn't unravel.
- Pull the paper out past the cutter at the front of the printer.
- Push the cover down to snap the lever shut.
- On your iPad, open the Retail POS app.
- From the Profile screen under Devices, tap Receipt printer.
- Tap Add printer.
- Under Printers on your network, tap your Star TSP143IIU receipt printer. It could take a few seconds for your receipt printer to appear.
- Optionally, enable Automatically print receipt switch if you want receipts to print automatically when you complete a sale. Alternatively, leave it disabled if you want to print receipts manually at the end of a sale.
- Tap Done. Your receipt printer will display as online on the Profile screen under Devices.
4. Print a receipt
- On the Sales screen, tap a completed sale.
- On the Details panel, tap Print receipt > Print receipt.
You should now be able to print receipts from your iPad with your Star TSP143IIIU receipt printer.