The Star TSP100III USB model connects directly to your iPad via an Apple Lightning cable and provides wired receipt printing from your iPad.
Setting up your Star TSP100III involves the following steps:
- Connecting your printer
- Inserting your paper roll
- Assigning your printer to the Retail POS app
- Printing a test receipt
NOTE: Like the Star TSP100 USB model, the Star TSP100III USB model can also provide wired receipt printing by connecting directly to your computer. For more information on this desktop setup, click here.
- Connect the power cord to your printer and an electrical outlet.
- Turn on the printer and wait for the blue Power light to become solid.
- Connect side A of the Lightning cable to the 5V USB port at the back of your printer.
- Connect side B of the Lightning cable to the port at the bottom of your iPad.
- To open the printer's lid, push the latch on the right away from you and lift the lid upwards.
- Insert the paper roll in the orientation below.
- Pull the paper out past the cutter at the front of the printer.
- Push the lid down to snap the latch shut.
- Open the Retail POS app.
- From the main menu, tap the receipt printer icon.
- On the Printer settings screen, tap your receipt printer's name. A checkmark will display and your printer's status will be Online.
- Optionally, select Automatically Print Receipt if you want your receipts to print automatically when you tap Finish Sale. Alternatively, you can manually print receipts by tapping Print Receipt at the end of a sale.
- From the main menu, ensure your receipt printer's status icon is green (see Hardware Status).
- From the main menu, tap Sales History.
- From the list, tap a completed sale.
- Tap Receipt Options > Print Receipt.