Role: Owner or manager.
Job: Employee training.
Recommended Frequency: Monthly.
The Upsells Percentage report allows you to see how well your employees are adding additional products onto a sale. Most typically used to evaluate the upsells of lower price items onto a high priced item.
- Increasing your average number of sale lines is one of the fastest ways to improve the profitability of your store. Increasing the upsell percentage across all your employees will dramatically increase your profits.
Improves employee performance:
- Increasing upsell percentage offers a clear goal for your employees with clear results. This report helps you see who is the top performer and who could use additional training.
Keeps your inventory lean:
- Increasing your basket size also increases your inventory turns.
- This report is intended to be customized by you at the start. Set the Primary Sale Line filter (to a bike, for example) and the Upsell Sale Line filter by what types of items would qualify (like bike accessories, for example).
- This report then looks at how many times an employee sold the primary item and how many of these sales included a qualifying upsell item.
- This report is based on the employee attached to the sale line, not to the entire sale.
Filters and columns
Primary Sale Line:
- By default, the filter is set to items with a price greater than 100.
Upsell Sale Line:
- By default, the filter is set to items with a price less than 100.
Time Stamp Date:
- By default, the filter is set to in the past 30 days.
- Number of Primary sales / number of Upsell sales
Turbocharge your report
- Replace the Primary Sale Line Price filter with Category, Manufacturer, or Default Vendor to view upsells along major sections of your inventory.
- Combine filters to create highly specific targets. For example, set your Primary Sale Line to anything in the Apparel category that is over $100 and your Upsell Sale Line filter to anything between $25 to $100.
- Replace the Primary Sale Line Price filter with Description to find out how well each employee is upselling one specific item compared to another.
- Use this report to set your team's upsell goals for the next period of time.
- Filter by a specific employee and meet with them to talk about how well they are doing or how they can improve their performance.