Private Release: The triPOS integration with Lightspeed Retail is currently being tested by a private group of accounts. If you would like to participate in our private release, please contact Lightspeed Support.
This article explains how to:
- configure triPOS as a payment gateway in Lightspeed Retail.
- set up an EMV-enabled Verifone MX 915 payment terminal for use with triPOS on the Lightspeed Retail POS app.
The main setup steps involved are:
- Obtain your triPOS credentials from Vantiv
- Connect the Verifone MX 915 terminal to your network
- Set Vantiv triPOS as the payment gateway in Lightspeed Retail
- Add the Verifone MX 915 as the payment terminal to your iPad
Before proceeding, please note the following:
- You must set up a triPOS account for your business with Vantiv.
- Manually entering a customer's credit card is possible during a transaction via the Verifone MX 915. For more information, see our Manually processing credit cards with triPOS' Verifone MX 915 article.
NOTE: Click here for instructions on how to set up the Verifone MX 915 payment terminal for use with triPOS on your computer.
To configure triPOS as a payment gateway in Lightspeed Retail, you need to obtain your triPOS credentials from Vantiv. Your credentials would have been sent to you by Vantiv in an email. If you don't have this information on hand, please contact Vantiv.
To ensure that your terminal is successfully connected to your network and powered on, review the following:
- An ethernet cord is connected to:
- an ethernet port either at the back of your terminal or on your terminal's utility cable.
- a port on your network's router.
- An AC adapter is connected to:
- a +12V connection either at the back of your terminal or on your terminal's utility cable.
- a wall outlet.
- The terminal is powered on with an Activation Code displayed on its white idle screen. To get to its white idle screen, the terminal's booting process displays some code and usually takes 1-2 minutes.
If you have any more questions regarding connecting your terminal to your network, please contact Vantiv for further hardware assistance.
- Open the Retail POS app.
- Sign in to your Retail account.
- From the top left corner, tap the Lightspeed logo.
- From the main menu, tap Retail Manager > Settings.
- Once in Retail Manager mode, tap Payment Processing.
- Tap + Add a Payment Gateway.
- From the Gateway drop-down, select Vantiv triPOS. The options for the gateway type display.
- Under Gateway Credentials, enter the triPOS credentials you received from Vantiv:
- Acceptor ID
- Account ID
- Account Token
- If you have a multi-store account, under Select Shops, select all the stores that you want to apply the gateway to.
- Under Security Options, enable Allow Credits if you want to be able to make a refund to a credit or debit card if a customer doesn't have a sales invoice.
NOTE: When you do this type of refund, you must swipe the card for the refund to take effect. Manually entering credit or debit card numbers is not supported.
- Under Credit Card Payment Mapping, for each of the credit and debit card types, select how the corresponding card type will appear on invoices and sales reports. For example, if you created a custom Visa payment type, selecting it from the Visa list will mark all Visa sales as Visa. If you want to change the names for cards in Credit Card Payment Mapping, you have to have set up the credit card payment type in Settings > Payment Types, so the Credit/Debit button appears in Lightspeed Retail.
- Tap Save.
- From the top left corner, tap the Lightspeed logo.
- From the main menu, tap the card reader icon.
- Tap Add payment terminal...
- Enter the terminal's Name and tap Next.
- Enter the Activation Code displayed on the terminal's white idle screen.
- Enter the terminal's Terminal ID (optional) and tap Next.
- Once the terminal is successfully paired, tap Done.
- From the list of payment terminals, a checkmark appears to the left of the terminal's name to indicate the connection between your iPad and terminal is successful. Your terminal will also display triPOS on its idle screen.
You are now ready to process payments through triPOS.
Lightspeed Retail is also designed to save all the terminals that you have paired to your Vantiv triPOS gateway in a shared list between your computers and iPads. This facilitates terminal setups in the future if you use Lightspeed Retail on multiple devices. If terminals are removed from your Lightspeed Retail account using your computers or the Retail Manager mode on your iPads, the list is updated on all your devices.
Payment terminal list on a computer:
Payment terminal list on an iPad:
Along with paying for a sale with a credit or debit card on your iPad, the Vantiv triPOS gateway supports many other payment features. We recommend you explore the articles below to familiarize yourself with them:
- To do a test transaction and learn how to view your payment details in Retail Manager mode, see our Configuring payment processing article.
- To learn how to manually process credit cards with triPOS, click here.
- To learn how to process refunds and exchanges on your iPad, click here.
- To learn how to add deposits, refund deposits and make payments to customer accounts in Retail Manager mode, click here.