Role: Store owner or inventory manager.
Job: Budgeting and inventory planning.
Recommended Frequency: Monthly.
The By Department Year over Year report allows you to see total annual sales by each department compared against the last two years. As a result, you can see the performance of your sections over time over time of each section of your store.
Maximize profits through smarter inventory planning:
- Know which sections of your store are the most successful in both sales and profit so you can develop the best inventory plan.
Refine your store’s identity:
- Understand your customers by seeing the product segments that sell best. For example, a bike shop that decided to increase sales by dedicating more floor space to apparel can track the results of that effort over time.
Align your team:
- Use this report when training your employees. A team that understands the various revenue segments of your store will ultimately be more profitable.
Sale Line Cost:
- The total of the average costs for all products sold in the calendar year.
Sale Line Margin:
- The percentage of profit made on the total of all sale lines in the calendar year.
Sale Line Profit
- The sum of profits made on all sale lines in the calendar year.
Sale Line Total:
- The sum of all the gross sales in the calendar year, not including sales tax.
Total Percent Change:
- The change in sales totals from one year to the next.
Total Profit Percent Change:
- The change in profit from one year to the next.
Turbocharge your report
- Focus on a single location by adding the Shop Name dimension.
- Analyze vendor performance by replacing the Department pivot with Default Vendor.
- Add Default Vendor filters to compare specific vendors.
- Analyze manufacturer performance by replacing Department as a pivot with Manufacturer.
- Add Manufacturer filters to compare specific manufacturers.
- Adjust your inventory plan accordingly.
- Move old stock physically to boost sales velocity.
- Adjust your promotional plan accordingly: