Role: Store owner.
Job: Promotional, staffing and inventory planning.
The Month over Month report allows you to compare monthly sales trends to previous years. As a result, you can budget appropriately and identify negative sales trends while you have time to correct your course.
Set goals and spot emerging sales trends while you still have time to adjust for them.
- Set revenue targets based on the month’s average total, giving yourself more reasonable and dynamic goals to hit.
- Identify emerging negative trends and adjust your promotional efforts, merchandising, and staffing to correct before it is too late.
- Identify emerging growth trends while there is still time to maximize them through additional purchasing or staffing.
Proactively create long-term strategies for promotion and purchases.
- Spot the months when your business starts to slow down and plan promotions accordingly. Schedule special events to bring different customers in during these slow periods.
- Alternately, understand the months when you can do store cleanings or overhauls, as they are generally slow periods anyway.
Vacation with confidence.
- Take time off when you know the store will be slower, and can be less staffed. Make this decision with the confidence of years of data.
The report uses the below to list sales grouped by month across the last 3 years.
- The important dimensions for this report are Month and Year.
- The report pivots on the Year dimension.
- The report filters by Time Stamp Year for the last 3 years.
Turbocharge your report
- Help craft a staffing plan by looking at the busiest days of the week across the last 3 years. To do this, replace the Month Name dimension with the Day of Week dimension.
- Help with your annual reviews by adding Employee as a filter to see how their revenue has improved over time.
- Narrow your results to specific locations by adding the Shop Name filter.
- Revise a staffing plan based on how your current sales data compares to previous years.
- Develop, or adjust, your buying plan based on how current sales trends compare to historical sales trends of previous years.
- Develop a promotional plan for your slower months or to counter downward trends. The targeted marketing reports work great for this.