Role: Owner or inventory manager.
Job: Improve data quality.
Recommended Frequency: Monthly.
The Uncategorized Inventory report allows you to see a list of items with no assigned category. As a result, you can quickly assign or correct your items' categories. Uncategorized items will erode the quality of other reports used for decision making.
Healthy inventory through accurate reporting:
- High performing stores have their inventory well organized.
- Accurate sales reporting allows for optimal inventory planning which in turn leads to more profitability.
- Other reports highlight minute differences between the margins and costs of items to make inventory planning recommendations. These reports only work when categories are accurate. Accurate item records allows you to trust your reports which empowers you to create a profitable inventory plan.
- This report will identify employee training opportunities.
This report pulls a list of all items that have no categories assignment to them in your Lightspeed Retail account.
Turbocharge your report
- If you have many uncategorized items, filter by Category, Manufacturer, or Default Vendor to work on categorizing one segment of your inventory.
- Add the Sales Line Count dimension and sort your list using this column. This will show you how many sales your items have recently been on. If your list is lengthy, make sure to categorize your items that are selling at the very least.
- Find all your uncategorized items in Lightspeed Retail account and set a category for each one. Use the Quick Edits section for bulk item updates. You can also export your inventory, format your spreadsheet and submit it to our Imports team.
NOTE: If your list is lengthy, start with your items that have inventory.