Role: Inventory manager.
Job: Increase turns.
Recommended Frequency: Daily.
The Dusty Inventory report allows you to see the items that have been selling well, are low in stock and need to be reordered.
- Re-order the items that have been selling before they are out of stock. Make sure you have stock on hand to meet customers’ demands.
Increases your profits:
- Don’t miss sales opportunities due to being out of stock. Keep on top of your inventory so you capture all possible sales.
Increases your customer lifetime value:
- Keep customers happy by staying in stock on the items they expect you to have.
- Build new customers by making sure you’re well-stocked. Happy customers tell friends about the items they bought and where they bought them. These friends may come in to your store to buy the same things.
The report uses a Per Store Metric which lists items if they meet the criteria for any of your stores.
- Used to indicate that the item has not been placed on a purchase order for reorder.
- By default, the filter is set to No.
- Used to indicate that the item is not being transferred from another store.
- By default, the filter is set to No
Days to Sell Out:
- Used to calculate that the item will sell out within 7 days.
- By default, the filter is set to 7 days or less
Quantity on Hand:
- By default, the filter is set to greater than 0.
- For all your out of stock items, see the Recently Out of Stock with Sales report.
Turbocharge your report
Find entire segments of your inventory that are performing well and need to be reordered:
- Use the Department, Category, Manufacturer, Vendor, Item Description filters to narrow the list to a segment.
Maximize existing purchase orders by adding other items to them:
- Use the Vendor filter to see what else needs to be added to an order you are building.
Compare sales velocity per store:
- Pivot on the Shop Name dimension to compare multiple locations.
Confirm your reorder levels with your sales data:
- Add the Sale Line Total measure and filter by Sale Date to see exactly how the items sold in the past.