Role: Store owner.
Job: Improving employee performance.
Recommended Frequency: Weekly.
The Misc Sales report identifies inventory that is being entered and sold incorrectly. It is organized by employee to create training opportunities.
Optimizes your inventory:
- If an item is being sold as a miscellaneous charge, it means that this item physically exists in your store but not in your Lightspeed Retail inventory. Find and correct these mistakes to make sure you are making inventory decisions based on accurate reporting data.
Improves employee performance:
- Identify employees who are entering miscellaneous charges and give them additional training so this behavior decreases.
- Use this report to identify missing store processes that may be causing the use of miscellaneous charges. For example, are items not being barcoded regularly?
Healthy inventory through accurate reporting:
- Accurate sales reporting allows for optimal inventory planning which in turn leads to more profitability.
- Other reports that offer inventory planning recommendations only work when inventory records are accurate. Accurate item records allows you to trust your reports which empowers you to create a profitable inventory plan.
The report shows your employees and how many miscellaneous charges they enter per week. The miscellaneous sales are listed per employee and the report is pivoted by week.
- By default, the filter is set to Miscellaneous is Yes.
- By default, as second filter is also set to Workorder is No to avoid showing correctly entered labor charges or work order notes.
- By default, the filter is set to in the past 30 days.
Turbocharge your report
- Evaluate the performance of specific locations by adding the Shop Name dimension as a filter.
- See whether your employees are improving over time by pivoting by month instead of week and setting the date filter to the last 365 days.
- Improve your annual reviews by filtering your report by specific employees.
- Update your inventory items in Lightspeed Retail account as needed. Use the Quick Edits section for bulk item updates and review the Adding Items article to understand the available fields in the Details section of your items. For bulk item updates, you can also export your inventory, format your spreadsheet and submit it to our Imports team.
- Train employees using helpful articles in our Retail Help Center.