Set up Lightspeed eCom to increase the number of customers you can reach. In order to provide your customers with an excellent online shopping experience, follow the instructions in this guide.
The setup time for an eCom store is similar to physical store. Both have inventories, payment methods and storefronts. eCom stores require more written content, more images and they require a shipping strategy.
About this setup guide
The purpose of this guide is to help you launch your eCom store in the shortest time possible. Once your eCom store is launched, iterate on your original changes to keep improving your eCom store.
This guide is divided into seven sessions. A session is a period of time dedicated to setting up eCom. Later sessions rely on previous sessions. Complete sessions sequential order, starting with Session 1.
Each session in the guide has a basic theme as reflected by the session's title:
- Session 1 - Intro and planning
- Session 2 - Categories and product setup
- Session 3 - Design
- Session 4 - Website content
- Session 5 - Shipping & Emails
- Session 6 - Settings
- Session 7 - Going Live Looking & Forward
- The sessions are approximately one to three hours in duration.
- The duration of sessions varies according to your experience with computers.
- It also varies according to your ability to make decisions about your eCom store.