In this article, we will be selecting 4 items from your Retail account and publishing them to your eCom store. For the purpose of this guide and to help you decide on your selection of items, we also have a few recommendations and requirements.
Before you begin, please make sure you have items in your Retail inventory. If you haven't created items in Retail account yet, please see the Inventory - Introduction of our Retail - Guided Setup.
To help you decide which of your 4 items to publish to eCom, we recommend the following:
- If you have an established Retail store, go through your sales records and select your best sellers.
- If you are opening a new Retail store, select products that best represent your store's marketing strategy. For example, if you are a bicycle or apparel retailer, you could strategically select 4 items that are commonly bought together.
- Often enough, a product will come in multiple sizes or colors. This is what we call a matrix item. To familiarize yourself with how to create them and their benefits, we recommend including at least one matrix item in your selection.
NOTE: For more information on matrix items and how to create them, please see our Creating matrices article.
When selecting items from Retail, make sure you:
- organize them in the same category.
- can sell them online.
- can ship the products.
- have them in inventory.
- have at least one image for each item.
- can create a short description (1 - 2 sentences) for each item.
- can create content (1 - 2 paragraphs) for each item.
InstructionsOnce you've selected your 4 Retail items, follow these steps to publish them to your eCom store:
- From the main menu in your Retail account, click Inventory.
- Click the item description of an item you want to publish to eCom.
- From left menu section Details, select the Publish to eCom checkbox
- Click the Save Changes button.